Order your personal Design
The “Pefection One” series is produced handmade in our manufactory in Kassel. Thus your individual desires are implemented in your unique pre-amplifier.
We have designed the chassis in a special way. The connections and cable feed lines are slanted into the underside. This makes it possible to set up the device both vertically and horizontally. With these flexible installation possibilities, you are free for a harmonious integration into your room design.
The chassis is made of particularly thick sheet steel and painted. This ensures good magnetic shielding, and reduces the microphonic sensitivity of the device.
The RCA sockets are made of solid copper to ensure continuity in the material. The sockets are gold-plated, silver-plated or rhodium-plated on request.
The preamplifier “The Phono” can be ordered in different varnishings. Here we show some examples of the black, anthracite and white paintwork with different RCA sockets from the connection terminal on the underside.
High quality elements for the preamplifier “The Phono”
An external power supply unit supplies “The Phono” with clean power via a special low-interference cable. This is additionally cleaned on the mains input side with a patented interference filter.
Basically all current carrying parts in the amplifier as well as the circuit board and cables are silver plated. The printed circuit board is made of high-quality Teflon, which, in contrast to conventional glass fibre epoxy resin boards, has high insulation and low dielectricity.
Long-term stable mica capacitors in all signal paths influencing the sound enable extremely low tolerances and electrical values which guarantees a constant musical enjoyment for decades.
The output transformer is hand-wound. It is a tape wound core with double coil, where the coils compensate disturbing interferences. A special winding technique guarantees a broadband frequency response of at least 15 to 150,000 Hz.
The transformer has a silver-plated copper shield which reduces particularly high-frequency interferences. A special nanocrystalline material of the tape wound core guarantees freedom from distortion at low frequencies.
Bluetooth extension for wireless speakers
The preamplifier achieves a low output impedance without negative feedback. It is very low-noise due to a special input stage circuit.
Please place “The Phono” as close as possible to the turntable. This way you can achieve short signal paths for the small currents of the pickup.
To connect wireless speakers an bluetooth extension can be optionally booked with the preamplifier.
- The amplifier unit and the power supply unit are separate and connected with a special low-noise cable.
- We recommend to install “The Phono” directly to the turntable. This allows you to achieve short signal paths for the low signal currents from the cartridge to the phono preamplifier.
- The flexible installation options, vertical or horizontal, allow a harmonious integration into your room design.
Tube assembly 2 x ECC 83, 2 x ECC 88
- Input impedances 47 k – 1 k to 47 k configurable by jumper
- Input capacities 47 p – 47 p to 470 p configurable by jumper
- Gain factor MM / MC / 42 dB and 48 dB configurable via jumper
- Distortion factor / THD below 0.03% related to 0.7 V output voltage
- Signal-to-noise ratio: MM: > 78 dBV, MC: > 72 dBV
- DeviationRIAA +- 0,5 dB
Subsonic filter yes – from 12 Hz
Input / output RCA sockets
Outsourced power supply unit
- Input voltage 115 V / 230 V
- Power consumption 38 VA Standby 0 W
- Painted 3 mm sheet steel
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 23 x 13,2 x 32,8 cm
- Weight Amp approx 5,5 kg / power supply 1,4 kg
- Standard colours: white, grey, black
Special colours available in the manufactory.